How often you should cut your hair depends on a variety of factors, including your personal style, the type of hair you have, and the condition of your hair. Here are a few general guidelines to consider when deciding how often to cut your hair:
- If you have short hair: Short hair typically requires more frequent cuts to maintain its shape and style. Depending on how fast your hair grows, you may need to get a haircut every 4-6 weeks.
- If you have medium-length hair: Medium-length hair can be more versatile, as you can wear it up or down and style it in a variety of ways. If you want to maintain a specific style or shape, you may need to get a haircut every 6-8 weeks.
- If you have long hair: Long hair generally requires less frequent haircuts, as the length helps to hide split ends and other damage. If you have long hair and want to keep it healthy, you may need to get a haircut every 8-12 weeks.
- If you have damaged hair: If your hair is damaged or prone to split ends, you may need to get a haircut more frequently to keep it healthy. In this case, you may want to consider getting a trim every 4-6 weeks to prevent the damage from spreading.
- If you have healthy hair: If your hair is healthy and not prone to damage, you may be able to go longer between haircuts. However, it’s still a good idea to get a haircut every 8-12 weeks to maintain the shape and style of your hair.
In general, it’s important to listen to your hair and pay attention to its needs. If your hair is looking and feeling healthy, you can probably go longer between haircuts. However, if your hair is damaged or you want to maintain a specific style, you may need to get a haircut more frequently.
Give us a call for a free consultation. If you have a look in mind, bring/share a pic so we can assess when would be the right time for a cut.